Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Most Comforting Comfort Food That Has Ever Made You Comfortable

I will admit, when I first read this recipe, my first thought was..."ugh"...not very healthy.
But then, one morning, in desperation, I pulled it up (from Allrecipes by Janiece Mason) and threw it in my slow cooker.  That night my kids and husband couldn't get enough...EVERYONE sung it's praises.  I think maybe you could throw a bag of frozen peas in there and maybe that would be enough to offset the butter/soup/biscuit part?  I don't know...I'm just a happy I have another '7/7 loved it' recipe.



Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (I cut mine in half or quarters)
2 TBS butter
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
1 onion finely chopped
2 packages of refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces


Place the chicken, butter, soup and onion in a slow cooker, and fill with just enough water to cover.
Cover and cook for 5-6 hours on High.  About 30 minutes before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker.  Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.
(I've served this as is, and with egg noodles too...both are great!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy